Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dreamy the Blue Dragon

I just wanted to touch on some topics because I have received all kinds of mail over the summer and there are some things I want to address. I am not a big business. I am a stay at home mother who does this on the side. I have a life outside of this. Family comes before anything else. I’m sorry if it takes me forever to respond if I do at all. Stuff happens. I will have more time once school starts but I have been super busy spending time with my Daughter and Husband so I haven’t been online as much as I used to. I am one person. No one else is helping me. I do everything. So please keep that in mind before you post things. I have feelings and I get hurt easily that is just a part of who I am so please try and be nice. I am human and make mistakes too. I just wanted to touch on these things. Some people have been very mean to me in their letters and it hurts. I’m not talking about problems with patterns (I am always happy to try and help with my patterns) I am talking about people’s voicing their opinion of my stuff. If you don’t like my creations please just move along. I also want to say Thank You to everyone who has commented and said encouraging things. This always makes me feel good and can sometimes make my whole day. Thank you again :D

Ok now on to the Dragon lol

This Dragon came to me in a dream like so many of my other creations lol I haven’t been crocheting lately because it has been sooooooooooo hot and I have been running around with my Daughter going here and there enjoying the summer. He just kind of sprung up on me and after a week of putting it off because I knew it was going to take a long time. I finally decided to make him so he would get out of my mind LOL. My Daughter and I named him Dreamy the Blue Dragon. While I was making him she kept running off with him. I kept telling her it wasn’t done yet but she couldn’t wait. He hasn’t left her arms since I finished. I had to pry him away to take pics. It makes me so happy when I can make something for her that she loves more than store bought toys. Anyways here are some pics. What do you think? If you can't see the whole picture right click on it and select view picture. I have the pattern available in My Etsy Store for $8.20. It is 12 pages long with lots of pictures :)

**********************************







20 comments:

Amy said...

He is soooo cute!!! I love his big eyes.

And I absolutely love making toys for kids, because seeing them getting excited about something that's one of a kind is just amazing to me. :) I'm sure your daughter loves all of the creations you make!!

AprilDraven said...

Thanks! She was overly excited this time so that made me really happy :)

Entwined Essentials said...

That little guy is super duper cute! I'm not very good at making little Ami things but what I have done, my boys just love. That makes me feel really good.

I love your designs and work, you do a great job!

AprilDraven said...

Thank you :D

articulateknits said...

What a great design! You are so creative :) I love the dragon. He is totally adorable.

AprilDraven said...

Thanks! I keep staring at him too. He radiates cuteness haha

Knapp Knots said...

You Rock!!!! Don't ever let anyone make you think you don't! And for the record being a mother, wife and making a house a home is very hard work. Your patterns are the tops and your creativity shines through them. I especially love how you give personality to all of the creatures you make. Keep it up cause those who appreciate your work would greatly miss it if you took it away.

AprilDraven said...

Knapp Knots: Thank You for brightening my day! :) Your words are very encouraging.

Candice said...

I'm pretty sure I just found my Mom;s Xmas gift!!!

Great job :D

MeliBusla said...

I agree with Knapp Knots! I love your style. And this dragon is awesome, those "puppy" eyes are so adorable! Can't wait for your next dream!

AprilDraven said...

Candice: Awww that is a cute idea :)

MeliBusla: Thanks :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love your dragon April! You're a true treasure to the crochet community and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into everything you share. Big hugs, YOU ROCK!

Cami said...

This is super-cute! I hope you sell a ton!!

AprilDraven said...

Rachel@oneprettything.com: Thanks! You put a smile on my face :)

Cami: Thanks!

Menwy said...

Another wonderful creation April! He is adoeable. I am so excited to hear about you getting your patterns published with Annie! WOW! Awesome news, congrats! Keep up the good work, and don't let idle stupidity discourage you.

isa3187 said...

I love this dragon and I love how you add personality to all your creatures. dont let what those idoits say about you get you down, you are awesome and very talented. they only try to get you down because they know you are more creative then them, your awesome and cant wait for your next post. enjoy whats left of summer with your daughter.

AprilDraven said...

Menwy: Thanks :)I'm still excited about it

isa3187: Thanks, I'm glad someone understands. It makes me feel better :)

Pricey said...

He's cute and awesome! And you know what. I live by the motto that if they are saying something nasty. They are hatin'. And haters are just jealous because they didn't come up with the idea first!

Your work is awesome and I enjoy making all your creations mostly because I like your style.

AprilDraven said...

aww thanks :) You would not believe the stuff people have the guts to post. One person even insulted my husband. It is really hard to not get upset but I try.

Unknown said...

on priterest its kisted like this .....April Draven: Dreamy the Blue Dragon free crochet pattern.. yet i cant find the free pattern